12mm Converged Binocular Optics & Fully Integrated LED Illumination
12mm Converged Binocular Optics are essential to achieve depth perception in narrow cavities
Originally developed by Dr John Vorrath MD, the aim was to deliver the optical benefits of an operating microscope with the convenience and affordability of a head-worn, fully portable device.
The Vorotek O Scope is ideal for all ENT applications and is now used by approximately 95% of Australian ENTs.
In the same way a microscope works, the Vorotek O Scope’s optical pathway converges the eyes to just 12mm apart.
This allows both eyes to reach the bottom of narrow cavities and deliver excellent depth perception.
The result is consistently improved diagnosis and more effective instrumentation.
The unique 12mm Converged Binocular Optical System is what differentiates the O Scope from Loupes, which are unable to achieve depth perception in narrow cavities (see figure 1 below).
Vorotek has continually refined the O Scope design over 30 years to deliver outstanding performance, durability and comfort. To learn more about the unique advantages of the O Scope, click here
The Vorotek O Scope – making difficult tasks less difficult, faster & safer.
- 12mm Converged Binocular Optics – the unique converged optical pathway achieves excellent depth perception in the ear canal
- Fully adjustable Interpupillary distance (IPD)
- Choice of 2 or 3 dioptre magnification
- Fully integrated Coaxial LED illumination (55,000 Lux) providing a shadow free view of the cavity
- Dual Functionality – the Optical housing “Flips Up” allowing the O Scope to be used as a stand alone surgical headlight
- 10Hr Battery Pack (Lithium Ion) provides 10 hours of ‘on time’ at the maximum level of illumination.
O Scope Video:
O Scope Kits:
- View the full range of Vorotek O Scope Kits Here